“Users can post a TikTok video resume to the site rather than a traditional resume. The idea is for users to give an elevator pitch or work experience summary via the video in a unique way.”
If you’ve been suffering through Zoom job interviews in the past year and a half, what’s next might just be even more anxiety inducing. Think bite-sized video resumés. According to Axios, TikTok is beta testing a jobs marketplace where your pitch is central to the recruiting process.
You might not be in the GenX audience they’re targeting, but these things move fast and the next big leap might be producing your own video resume. What will be in your script?
Events to encourage and activate your career and life transitions.
- Thurs., June 17th, 1:00 PM PST: The Actor’s Fund: “Creativity Doesn’t Age Speaker Series,” with Next For Me CEO, Jeff Tidwell.
- Wed., June 23, 2021, 10:00 AM PST: Encore.org is hosting “Co-Generate Livestream” A virtual event for younger and older changemakers eager to bust out of our respective age silos and work together for a better future.
A Career Growth Mindset
Career Transition Coach John Tarnoff writes “Do you have a zero-sum attitude about your career? Do you think of yourself as either “employed” or “unemployed?” Adopt a career growth mindset to look at your career more expansively. See yourself as always engaged and working “on” your career, even if you’re not currently working “in” your career.”
He asks that you consider these steps to shift from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset:
- Question the static aspects of your life and career.
- Reframe the top 5-10 most triggering, depressing, or shame-inducing ideas and concepts from this list.
- Make these reframed scenarios 50% believable.
- Keep at it. Start slow, but make the reframing and redefining process a regular part of your routine.
Our favorite tools and resources for expanding your network, staying in the know, learning new skills, and making your next move.
- Make Stuff Newsletter: Thomas Deneuville’s twice monthly newsletter is full of inspiring snippets to make you stop thinking about doing something and, well, actually make stuff.
- 9 Qualities of Good Writing: Author and writing coach enthusiast Ann Handly, dishes up straightforward advice on improving your writing. Her newsletter is a kick too.
Get More Next For Me
If you enjoy reading Next For Me there are a few ways you can dig deeper.
- Attend an Event – New York and DC in October!
- Buy our book: A Guide to Change For Everybody.
- Schedule a workshop based on the book.
- Take our course based on the book.
Do you know someone who is looking to make a move in their career or life? Please forward this newsletter to them. If you’re seeing our newsletter for the first time, subscribe!