Brunilda Nazario is the Lead Medical Editor and Associate Medical Director at WebMD. Her story is a rise from poverty to her role as an expert in Endocrinology and obesity. Navigating change for her has been blessed with a bit of “ignorance and naivete”.
“We lived in a very poor neighborhood and I knew that I could become a physician if I could see what they did and learned how to do it, nothing was beyond what I could do. I would fake being sick when I was young so that I could go to the local hospital and see physicians.”
Advice for People Unemployed Because of the Pandemic
In an interview with Sparrows (The Human Network) we suggested, “Use the time and don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s okay to take things easier now because there is so much uncertainty. But, if you are going to be investing in yourself with this time, networking is critical and it might mean it’s time to expand your network.”
Gifts To Inspire
In our 2020 Gift Guide we’ve curated gifts to inspire and fuel your next move. You might consider:
- Retirement by Design: A Guided Workbook for Creating a Happy and Purposeful Future. Professional mentor and coach Ida Abbott shows you how the innovative business principles behind design thinking can be applied to plan a rich, fulfilling, and more meaningful retirement.
- Employee 6 is 54. Startup Decoder founder Nancy Branka penned this novel that brings to life the challenges of ageism, startup culture, and intergenerational teams, readers will root for the wry, middle-aged executive who finds herself on a wild ride in startup land.
- Stendig 2021 Calendar: This is the original, genuine and authentic work of the great Massimo Vignelli, designed in 1966. This modern calendar has withstood the test of time.
Annual Research Subscription 50% OFF
If your organization must understand the changing workforce, an annual subscription to our research delivers the subtleties of their interests, aspirations, and behaviors. A subscription includes a quarterly TRENDS Report packed with proprietary research culled from Next For Me Events, our journalism, and deep dives from our research team.
Now at 50% OFF until December 31, 2020.
If you find value in our work please forward this newsletter. If you’re seeing our newsletter for the first time please SUBSCRIBE HERE.
* Photo by Julie anne Johnson on Flickr
* As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.