What’s Good For You is Good for Your Friends
You probably subscribed to our newsletter because you have a curiosity about work and life transitions. You may have attended one of our events, or read our book, or were referred by a friend.
How about sharing the love? Consider forwarding this email to your friends or they can subscribe right here! Thanks.
“What do you want out of life, what gives you joy, and how do you pay for it?”
– Mitch Anthony, author of “Life Centered Financial Planning.”
In a recent story in the New York Times, John F. Wasik looks at “longevity planning.” It’s the idea that we’re all living much longer lives, so our work and savings will demand a longer plan.
Central to the idea is that “life” planning has to be part of the mix. Longer lives have been tied to improved lifestyle choices and overall medical advances. Add to that practices that stimulate the mind and soul, and the output could be a longer life with a big dollop of contentment.
Stop Overthinking Overthinking
Does excessive overthinking sometimes overwhelm your decision-making process? It’s a habit we can learn to change according to Pia Callesen, a metacognitive clinical therapist. She offers a few strategies to stop all the ruminating.
Our favorite tools and resources for expanding your network, staying in the know, learning new skills, and making your next move.
- In Pursuit of Happiness: The videos from the stellar event are now online. A collection of big thinkers on finding a contented state of mind.
- Made to Stick: “Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die.” In the bestselling book, Chip and Dan Heath reveal the anatomy of ideas that stick and explain ways to make ideas stickier, such as creating “curiosity gaps.”
- MIT Technology Review: This daily newsletter will keep you on the cutting edge of technological trends that are changing the world. Well researched and broad in scope.
Get More Next For Me
If you enjoy reading Next For Me there are a few ways you can dig deeper.
- Attend an Event – New York and DC in October!
- Buy our book: A Guide to Change For Everybody.
- Schedule a workshop based on the book.
- Take our course based on the book.
Do you know someone who is looking to make a move in their career or life? Please forward this newsletter to them. If you’re seeing our newsletter for the first time, subscribe!
* Hat Tips to Sidekick from Morning Brew,
* As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.