“We can come to appreciate life in new ways, build new relationships and connections, develop new hobbies and learning opportunities, identify strengths, and perhaps even find some spiritual change.”
Dr. Michael Wilkes explains that people can experience post-traumatic growth from such experiences. Wilkes, a regular contributor to KCRW, is Professor of Medicine at the University of California and Director of Global Health.
“About 25 years ago, two psychologists introduced the concept of post-traumatic growth. What they found was that people who endure psychological struggle following some adversity often see positive growth afterwards.”
4 Steps To Define Your Purpose
From Ideo U this simple exercise gets things settled about what you’re doing and why.
Over the course of a lifetime, we spend an average of 92,000 hours at work. This time should be spent on something that fulfills us and gives us meaning. A growing body of research suggests that it’s better for both us and our employers if we’re working on something that fulfills us.
Our favorite tools and resources for expanding your network, staying in the know, learning new skills, and making your next move.
- Libby: Have the joy of discovering new books for free from your public library again. Books are delivered across your smart devices or even picked up at your neighborhood library.
- Revisioning Midlife: This free event features Anderson Cooper, Eileen Fisher, Michael Franti and others hosted by The Modern Elder Academy and Wisdom 2.0.
- Radical Curiosity: From his working class roots in New Jersey to the “tune in, turn on, drop out” cliffs of Big Sur and the pinnacles of the human potential movement; from launching his company Age Wave and coming to terms with his own aging process, Ken Dychtwald’s Radical Curiosity makes sense of his first 70 years of life.
Wisdom Essentials Giveaway
We’re promoting this weekly newsletter with a giveaway that is sure to put you in the best state of mind to explore what’s NEXT FOR YOU.
By entering you’ll enjoy the Next For Me weekly newsletter and three lucky winners will receive a $390 suite of products from Wisdom Essentials. The package includes one bottle each of DREAM, FOCUS, CALM, one bag of CALM Gum Drops and one container of the famous SOOTHE topical relief balm.
Get More Next For Me
If you enjoy reading Next For Me there are a few ways you can dig deeper.
- Buy our book: A Guide to Change For Everybody.
- Schedule a workshop based on the book.
- Take our course based on the book.
Do you know someone who is looking to make a move in their career or life? Please forward this newsletter to them. If you’re seeing our newsletter for the first time, subscribe!