From Next Avenue, career coach Nancy Collamer offers some steps to begin preparing for part time work in retirement.
With three quarters of boomers planning to work at least part time in retirement Collamer provides 6 techniques to help you evaluate and prepare for your next act.
- Keep a Second Acts Idea File. Whether digital or paper keep articles and inspiration about what might be good for you.
- Volunteer to test out organizations that are doing good in the world.
- Take a class or workshop in an industry that you’d like to try on.
- Keep the networking up especially with younger colleagues.
- Have you considered moving to a new location for that phase? Take a vacation there to test the waters.
- Take on a side gig to test an industry.
Solid tips to keep in mind as you start planning your next act.
Read the full article: 6 Ways to Prepare to Find Part-Time Work in Retirement
Nancy Collamer, M.S., is a career coach, speaker and author of Second-Act Careers: 50+ Ways to Profit From Your Passions During Semi-Retirement. Her website is MyLifestyleCareer.com; on Twitter she is @NancyCollamer.
Photo by: Jaroh