Hey, Happy New Year!
It seems we’ll be testing our resilience for a while longer. And that’s only for the current state of affairs.
Most of us will be working and choosing new career paths for many years to come. Retirement for many is now a myth, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing workplace is fundamental.
That’s why we keep going. We exist so that you’ll thrive with what’s next for you. If you like that idea, please forward this newsletter. If you’re seeing our newsletter for the first time you can subscribe here.
The Psychological Formula for Success After Age 50
Psychologists have long known that success is fueled by grit, passion, and a growth mindset—a deep-seated conviction that you can excel at a new pursuit.
Author Arriane Cohen of Bloomberg Businessweek looked at the science and found a few key factors for success. 1. Make it meaningful. 2. Move your body. 3. Fight weakness. 4. Beyond work.
A few of our latest, favorite tools and resources for expanding your network, learning new skills, and making your next move.
- Lunchclub: The networking tool you didn’t know you needed. They call it “Smart introductions to relevant people.” This efficient system matches you with like-minded people in your field, in your area or randomly. We’ve made some great contacts already.
- Udemy: Thousands of online courses (including ours) at reasonable prices.
- Startup Decoder: This weekly newsletter is filled with sage advice for working in startups and plenty of tips for mastering LinkedIn, networking, and new skills.
Get More of Next For Me
If you find value in our work there are a few ways you can get more involved.
- Buy our book: A Guide to Change For Everybody.
- Take our course based on the book.
- Schedule a workshop based on the book.
- Subscribe to our quarterly research.
- Become a Super Member with a one-time contribution.