Another week of near constant upheaval, but we carry on.
This week’s guest author Wes Morten writes, “In a rapidly changing world, adaptability in the face of adverse events is crucial. Mindfulness offers a proven approach to overcome life’s many unexpected challenges.”
Sound familiar (except maybe the mindfulness part)? Things are coming at us from a fire hose of news events and uncertainty. Whether you turn to meditation or “growth mindset” techniques, we’re following the trend with an, ahem, open mind.
Thanks for reading and for your feedback. Know someone who would benefit from our news and programs? Please forward this newsletter. If you’re seeing our newsletter for the first time you can subscribe here.
Now What? A Mental Tool to Adapt to Rapid Change
In this story, Los Angeles independent television producer Wes Morten writes, “In the face of major outside stressors, your mindset has a major effect on your ability to adapt to rapid change. A poor mental state will leave you feeling hopeless and anxiety-ridden.”
A few of our latest, favorite tools and resources for expanding your network, learning new skills, and making your next move.
- A Guide to Change: A live course on Amava based on our book. The next six week class begins on February 2nd. Free copy of the book and a printable workbook to “get visual” in defining your next move.
- Kickstart Your Journaling Practice in 14 Days: Unlock the benefits of journaling in this course delivered on your smartphone via SMS or WhatsApp.
- Grammarly: As writers we depend on Grammarly every day as an unobtrusive copywriter. The app checks spelling, punctuation, and grammar (and that’s just the free version).
- Our favorite notebook: Half the price of a moleskin. It’s got lined pages, a ribbon and elastic bookmark, and a pocket in the back for your loose papers.
Your Philosophical Center
We wrote a guest post for “Wisdom Well”, a daily newsletter from Chip Conley, founder of The Modern Elder Academy. We maintain that If you’ve decided to go forward with an idea that will lead to a new definition of who you are, having a solid philosophical foundation as a guide will make the way forward a lot easier.
Get More Next For Me
If you find value in our work there are a few ways you can get even more.
- Buy our book: A Guide to Change For Everybody.
- Take our course based on the book.
- Schedule a workshop based on the book.
- Subscribe to our quarterly research.
- Become a Super Member with a one-time contribution.
* As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.