Gen2Gen is Encore.org’s campaign to mobilize 1 million adults 50+ to stand up for — and with — young people today.
By bringing the generations together, Gen2Gen is working to realize the potential of longer lives, the potential of every child, and the power of older and younger generations working side by side for change.
Next For Me has joined Encore.org as a partner organization. Next For Me will participate by:
- Posting volunteer opportunities with Next For Me and other organizations.
- Contribute to the Encore Fellow program – where an experienced professional in a high-impact, paid assignment in marketing, fundraising, technology, strategic planning, or other fields?
- Promote and participate in local campaigns. Led by local leaders, public agencies and/or nonprofit organizations, local Gen2Gen campaigns pilot new, innovative approaches to reducing generational isolation and expanding opportunities for adults 50+ to help young people thrive. Local campaigns currently in Boston, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, Seattle and Tampa Bay.
- Participate in learning communities to broaden our work and collaborate with other organizations.
- Incorporate Gen2Gen program discussions in our local events, including the ideas put forth in Encore.org’s President and CEO Marc Freedman’s new book “How to Live Forever: The Enduring Power of Connecting the Generations“
If you’d like to learn more about the program, here’s a list of ways to stay up to date:
We could not be more pleased to be welcomed into the community at Encore.org and the Gen2Gen program.