“My executive coach told me once if I ever need a project where I could use a whole bunch of badass women in tech, she knows them because there are so many women who are laid off after the age of 50.”
– Melinda Briana Epler, Founder and CEO of Change Catalyst,
Host Empathy and Allyship Podcast
Change Catalyst is a company that’s been leading the conversation about diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. Their annual conference “Tech Inclusion” was founded in direct response to the tech industry’s shocking lack of diversity in a collective effort to disrupt this biased status quo and make tech a force for good.
Epler welcomed Jeff Tidwell, the Co-founder of Next For Me, to explore the often overlooked topic of ageism at work, and share strategies for dealing with this type of discrimination – as the recipient or as a bystander.
The Ultimate Productivity Hack is Saying No
In his newsletter 3-2-1, James Clear, author of “Atomic Habits,” writes about the power of saying no. How to find the courage to say it, and the benefits over saying yes.
He concludes, “More effort is wasted doing things that don’t matter than is wasted doing things inefficiently. And if that is the case, elimination is a more useful skill than optimization.
I am reminded of the famous Peter Drucker quote, ‘There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.’”
Our favorite tools and resources for expanding your network, staying in the know, learning new skills, and making your next move.
- ON Festival: This free one-day conference features some of the world’s most coveted speakers, who have pioneered people-first values to re-define success in today’s world. June 24th.
- What Retirees Want: A Holistic View of Life’s Third Age represents the culmination of a long collaboration between authors Ken Dychtwald and Robert Morison, who have conducted award-winning research into the evolution of retirement in the 21st century.
- Your One-Pager: Your network wants to help, but they need one thing from you. Obvious and overlooked is this single document that will move you forward. From Startup Decoder.
Get More Next For Me
If you enjoy reading Next For Me there are a few ways you can dig deeper.
- Attend an Event – New York and DC in October!
- Buy our book: A Guide to Change For Everybody.
- Schedule a workshop based on the book.
- Take our course based on the book.
Do you know someone who is looking to make a move in their career or life? Please forward this newsletter to them. If you’re seeing our newsletter for the first time, subscribe!
* As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.