Have you heard about the idea of writing a letter to your future self? It’s a chance to visualize where you might end up, and where you were when you wrote it. FutureMe is a free service to send your note. Some call it “backcasting”.
If you were to write to yourself in 1, 3, 5 years what would you write about? Health? Creativity? Independence? We’re discussing it in our Facebook Group.
Email Is Making Us Miserable
Cal Newport writes in the New Yorker about the stress that a focus on email for productivity has left us in.
“In an attempt to work more effectively, we’ve accidentally deployed an inhumane way to collaborate.”
One solution at Arianna Huffington’s company Thrive Global was the creation of a system called “Thrive Away”. If a Thrive employee sends an e-mail to a colleague who is on vacation, the sender receives a note that the colleague is away and the message is automatically deleted.
Our favorite tools and resources for expanding your network, staying in the know, learning new skills, and making your next move.
- The Associated Press Style Guide: Master the style guidelines of news writing, editing, and common usage with this indispensable guide perfect for students and professional writers everywhere.
- Start With Why for Retirees: Simon Senik’s new course hosted by the engaging Donna Kastner. This interactive class is designed to walk you, step-by-step, through the process to find your WHY – your personal purpose, cause, or belief.
- Here Comes Everybody: The Power of Organizing Without Organizations. For the first time in history, the tools for cooperating on a global scale are not solely in the hands of governments or institutions. The spread of the internet and mobile phones are changing how people come together and get things done.
Get More Next For Me
If you find value in our work there are a few ways you can get even more.
- Buy our book: A Guide to Change For Everybody.
- Schedule a workshop based on the book.
- Take our course based on the book.
Do you know someone who is looking to make a move in their career or life? Please forward this newsletter to them. If you’re seeing our newsletter for the first time, subscribe!