AustinUP, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit formed AustinUP is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that was formed as a result of the Mayor’s Task Force on Aging – based on the fact that the Austin area has one of the nation’s fastest-growing populations of older adults. Our motto: “Aging. Everyone’s Doing It!”
AustinUP is working to:
1. Expand Austin’s role in the “longevity marketplace” by promoting businesses, entrepreneurs and technology innovators working in the aging space
2. Change perceptions and enlighten the community about the value of our senior population, e.g., the benefits of multigenerational workplaces
3. Promote and help facilitate academic research to study aging processes and outcomes
4. Spotlight age-friendly businesses as our city implements the Age-friendly Austin Action Plan
5. Enhance livability for seniors, using the Eight Domains of Livability as a roadmap
AustinUP is currently planning their annual Aging & Innovation Summit, which will be held on Wednesday, October 23, 2019.