“If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.”
― David Allen,
Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
We refer to David Allen’s books and methods in our workshops and quote him extensively in our book. You might say he’s a fountain of quotable quotes.
If you’re on your way to what’s next for you, you might want to rethink the way you approach productivity. What’s ahead is full of uncertainty and new ways of doing things, and you’ll want to stay organized. Allen’s approach is very straightforward, but has a certain magic when you’re following the simple steps.
We interviewed him after he truly reinvented what was next for him when he and his wife moved their business and lives to Amsterdam. Fearless!
How To Quit A Job Gracefully
Around 4 million people quit their jobs in April! Coming out of COVID has meant a professional reckoning by many. If you’re ready to clock out and move on, career coaches and HR pros shared their tips for quitting your job gracefully in a recent Wall Street Journal article.
Events to encourage and activate your career and life transitions.
- Wed., June 23, 2021, 10:00 AM PST: Encore.org is hosting “Co-Generate Livestream” A virtual event for younger and older changemakers eager to bust out of our respective age silos and work together for a better future.
Get More Next For Me
If you enjoy reading Next For Me there are a few ways you can dig deeper.
- Attend an Event – New York and DC in October!
- Buy our book: A Guide to Change For Everybody.
- Schedule a workshop based on the book.
- Take our course based on the book.
Do you know someone who is looking to make a move in their career or life? Please forward this newsletter to them. If you’re seeing our newsletter for the first time, subscribe!